On rare occasions, a user may select service contacts that no longer exist in the Court’s electronic filing manager (EFM). This results in a Service Recipient Invalid error message. If an error indicates that a selected service contact is no longer valid upon submission of the filing, follow the below steps to resolve that error.
- Close the error window, then deselect all the service contacts on your filing.
- Click the Save Draft link in the upper right to save your filing.
- In Section 1, Select Case, click the case number to view the case.
- While viewing the case, click the Refresh link in the upper right to retrieve the latest case information form the court.
- Once refreshed, click the yellow circle on the left next to the Filing Status tab.
- Click the Filing Id of your draft filing to open it.
- Re-select your service contacts on the filing, then click Sign and File to resubmit your filing.